I was on the phone with my dad yesterday, and as he was hanging up he asked me if I was ever going to post any photos from Turkey on my blog. That was a good reminder, and motivation to upload a few here for him and others to see.
Turkey has a winsome way about it. I don't think I've met someone who's been there who didn't love it and didn't want to talk about the time they went there. Chilly and snowy as it was at times during our visit, Turkey, and Istanbul in particular, got two giant thumbs up (or 4 I guess I should say). Over and over I kept saying to Liz, "Let's just move here!"
We can't wait to go back someday.
The photos I have don't really convey the full scope of the place--its food, its people, its history, its way of life. Nevertheless, Istanbul deserves a few posts of pictures, so here goes number 1.
These are for you, Dad!