A few weeks back, Liz and I found a park not too far from school that has a hill in the middle with a lookout tower on top. If you're there on a clear day, it's a pretty cool place from which to view the surrounding area as well as the mountains in the west.
Last week Wednesday, we decided to head to that park after class to see the sun go down and take some pictures. In spite of the biting winter wind, we were met with quite a good view once we reached the top. Although this city is crowded, I sometimes forget how big it actually is until I see it from a new perspective.
Kind of like how I always forget how richly blessed I am until I stop and thank the One who gave it all to me.
I had made a pumpkin pie that morning for the next day, but I had a little extra...enough to make a few little pies for us to eat. Those pies and a thermos of coffee, as well as some whipped cream, made a pretty great snack out there in the cold.
A mini Thanksgiving celebration, if you will.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever.
Psalm 136:1