I've been in southern China for about a week now, and while I've not posted on here much, I have taken enough pictures to fill a good number of blog posts. Anyway, it's hard to know where to start with posting them, but now that I am in a place with good internet, I figure I should begin somewhere.
First stop: the Longji Rice Terraces near Guilin, China.
I'm pretty sure that if you visited this place on a clear day, there would be some amazing views of the valleys and mountains around. When my roommate and I were there, however, the weather was cool and damp cold and wet. Nevertheless, it was an amazing place.
After an hour bus ride to a little village, we bargained with a man to take us on another ride the top of the mountain where we could see the terraces. After he dropped us off, we walked for several hours along some trails to another village and eventually caught a bus back to town.
Compared to what I'm used to, this place was pretty remote, and peaceful, and quiet. And even though it's winter right now, this was still a sight worth seeing.
I don't know much about growing rice, but I guess now I know a little more.
The village we passed through.
Terraces are good for growing other things too.
We hiked through an old village that was being rebuilt.