Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter

The past few weeks at Shi Yi we have done a lot to celebrate Easter. In many of our classes we shared about the holiday, and this past Tuesday we had a school-wide Easter Egg hunt where around 600 eggs were hidden around campus for the students to find. We sneaked out at around 11:00 PM on Monday to hide all the eggs, and the next day it was great fun to watch the kids get so excited about finding them. We even hid a golden egg that was redeemable for 100 yuan (Chinese currency).

When the students found the eggs they could bring them into the office to redeem them for prizes and candy. It was great to meet and get to know many more students through this event.

We also had two English clubs this week which had an Easter theme as well. Here are some pictures from the senior club today:

I think I hid more Easter Eggs this week than I have in my entire life. :-)


the mad dash for the Easter Eggs.

getting prizes.

just hanging out.